Monday 23 March 2009

"Timelessness is a good message for now, no?"


Sorry if I don't seem my usual chirpy self, the sun has gone away again and i'm left with a cold. Just my luck! I was adoring the sunshine! Dresses and heels all around, now i'm back to my jammies! I've been working so hard i've had no time to blog, i've missed it!
Anyway, YSL!
I didn't really like Yves Saint Laurent's Spring/Summer collection, which is a shame as the last Autumn/Winter collection of theirs was my favourite of all, maybe it was just hard to live up to. It's always difficult looking at the catwalk shows online (as most of us do) as we tend to judge things too quickly. I wish we could all be there to see the beauty of the clothes first hand.

With their latest collection I fell in love with the shoes first of all, for their simple beauty.


Then I started looking at the rest of the collection and fell in love with it for the same reason.
It's just beautiful, YSL tailoring. Every garment is wearable (dare I say it, even the leather swimsuit!). Stefano Pilati is reflecting the times and is well aware the we are looking forward for more wearable fashion.

"I have to reflect the times, and this really is my mood."

"Timelessness is a good message for now, no?"


I thought the collection was beautiful and elegant, and I can't wait to get my hands on those shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment