Thursday 23 June 2011

UWE GRADUATE SHOW PART TWO

Slawa Strzepka
The laser cut leather was my favourite bit about this collection, so beautiful poking out the back of that red dress.
Nicola Crawley
Seeing latex used in everyday casual garments always excites me, the colour combination of bright blue and brown are surprisingly good too.
Natasha Knights
Everybody needs a beautiful pastel outfit in their life. I was also quite fond of the stripper shoes turned gemtastic cinderella slipper.
Laura-Louise Cottle
Beautiful use of leather and straps, the yellow shirt and black leather jackets were my favourites, very wearable and beautifully minimal.
Elaine Yeoh
Another favourite of mine, so much beautiful detail in this collection. Very much reminded me of the Issey Miyake show I saw in Paris last season. Such a high standard for a graduate collection I thought, hoping it gets picked up and we can get our hands on some of Elaine Yeoh's beautiful creations soon!
Eleanor McCann
Completely obsessed with the red trousers. Literally in love with them.
Leah Myers
Completely over the top but if you're going to do it you have to go all out, right? I loved the crystalised bodysuit under the red cape and the silk tied around the torso resembling a rib cage. The way some pieces were tied and draped together reminded me or the romanticism behind Haider Ackermann's last collection.
Sarah Noon
Beautiful textures and prints, the colour palette was spot on. I really loved the skull necklace too, adding some drama to the first outfit.
Hannah Bell
Beautiful silks paired with lush leather left me in love with Hannah's collection. The jacket with the laser cut squares was amazing, like the squares are going to fall out when you wear the piece over time.
Tolga Ozturk
My favourite collection of all, by far. Tolga's collection was so raw and exciting; the prints were spot on (Givenchy anyone?), the textures; like the fur shorts with leather/wax/plastic knees. The eye's popping out the jacket was the best finale. I'll be looking out for what Tolga decides to do next.
Catrin Brierley
An insanely colourful eye popping collection, I loved how each outfit was put together. The laser cut raw edges really stood out against the matching shaped prints. The shorts going from yellow to green were definitely a favourite of mine.
Rei Tan
A very dark and elegant collection, the jacket in the first image is my favourite. The way every piece hung was beautiful and the textures all against each other made this collection stand out.
Nicola Chisnall
Definitely the most colourful collection, this was the perfect one to end the night. I loved the use of plastic, flowers, weaving and stitching within her work. SO fun! 

1 comment: