Monday 27 September 2010

JEAN-PAUL GAULTIER FOR LA PERLA LFW PRESENTATION


My favourite presentation of all (from a purerly selfish point of view) had to be the Jean-Paul Gaultier for La Perla collection. It is always exciting when a collection exceeds your own hype and this was even more beautiful in person than any pictures portray. The collection is so sexy and so feminine, you just wanted to try it all on immediately!
I always find myself staring at the Gaultier perfume ads for the magnificent corsets, now Gaultier has successfully brought cone bra's to the masses.
Apparently the designer approached La Perla 20 years ago to do a lingerie collection and the owner of the company refused, a few years ago the owner passed away and the company exchanged hands. Gaultier approached them again and they (obviously) lept at the chance.
My favourite piece has to be the triple strap nude bra with shoulder pads, pictured second. Imagine wearing it under a sheer top...

“Lingerie is part of my DNA and of my heritage,” Gaultier said. “In my latest prêt-à-porter collection I revisited the conical bras and corsets worn as outerwear. This collaboration was a natural and logical step, especially since La Perla is the pearl of the lingerie, with the best savoir faire.” Stylist
A limited edition back stitch satin bra with shoulder motif and garter belt are to be shown in Paris for Gaultier's Haute Couture collection next July.
The collection you see here is set to hit stores in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment