Monday 17 January 2011

GIVENCHY PRE FALL 2011

 
When I first saw this collection my jaw dropped. Nicole Phelps was right in saying that pre-fall used to be a collection of basics, but not anymore. It's as if Riccardo Tisci has created another ready to wear for those of us who just can't wait until February.
The collection was shot using three of his current favourite runway models - Lea T, Saskia de Brauw, and Izabel Goulart - and shot on an actual street. I was so sure this was a set.
The colour palette is exactly what I want to be wearing this winter, as well as bringing in the camel tones and reinventing them into beiges and dusky pinks.
The layering is genius; thigh high laced boots under a chiffon maxi skirt (something I feel I will definitely have to do myself), bomber jackets and parkas layered over expensive looking ball gowns, and exposing thighs through selective layering. 
This could be my favourite Givenchy collection to date.

7 comments:

  1. Wow - totally not what I was expecting. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my opinion, Givenchy can do no wrong. love this collection.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This collection (taht I've not seen) is amazing. The transparences and the use of fethers is really chic and Tisci made a wonderful work, I completely love these outfits. I really apppreciate this post because allowed me to see this art pieces.

    http://fashiondoesntexist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these lines. Dreamy and firm at the same time. Feathers and lace... but also leather and strong waistlines.

    Butterflies and hard candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. givenchy is always one of my favorites. This was the best prefall I've seen in a white

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was collection is amazing! Ugh Givenchy always kills me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i loved this collection! i also second the velvet scientist, givenchy is constantly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete