Wednesday 13 July 2011

FASHION IN MOTION - YOHJI YAMAMOTO AT THE V&A

Last week I was went to the V&A to watch Fashion in Motion featuring the work of Yohji Yamamoto. It was very much a continuation from the exhibition and featured work from the Spring/Summer 2011 collections. The models were real life couples (so cute!) an idea which Yohji had first put into practise on his S/S 1999 collection, believing that he only makes 80% of the garment, the wearer completes the other 20 with how they make it their own.
The show was really beautiful, especially set in the Raphael Gallery with huge paintings surrounding the walls. The clothes were obviously amazing, so many textures and colours. I adored the prints against the deep black wools and the floating chiffon. The tailored shirts and jackets for the men were incredible, great use of fabrics. The finale piece that somewhat resembled a 'naughties' blow up creation (do you remember that trend?) put a smile on everyone's face.
Thank you to Jasmine for inviting me. I'm seriously looking forward to V&A events like this in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! and I luurve that skirt! Really wanted to go to his talk at the V&A earlier in the year but never got round to it. Shame I didn't hear about this though!

    Shame too I'm only 15 and have no experience in pattern cutting- I'm not too far from Shoreditch (used to live on Shoreditch High Street actually!) and would otherwise have loved to apply for the internship working with you! Especially since I have all these weeks of summer with nothing to do :-(

    ReplyDelete